The first step in applying to the Department of Urology must be accomplished by submitting through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). A complete packet consists of the following documents:
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE Step 1 score
Our Department has a team of urology faculty members who screen approximately 300 applications each interview season. Resident selection is based on a consensus of all faculty members, as well as input from current Urology residents who have had a chance to meet prospective candidates.
Resident selection is based on an evaluation of:
1. Academic performance in Medical School, including a Dean's Letter, grades, awards, AOA membership, class rank if available and USMLE scores
2. Letters of Recommendation
3. Personal Statement
4. Interview and interpersonal skills
5. Extracurricular activities and accomplishments
6. Satisfactory completion or anticipated completion of an accredited School of Medicine in the United States or Canada
7. Demonstrated commitment to a career in Urology through scholarly activities and participation in clinical urology activities
Candidates will undergo a one-day interview process, where they will meet the Urology faculty for individual and group interviews. Applicants will also be invited to an optional welcome event hosted by the Department to allow for additional time to become acquainted with the current residents.
We accept four trainees per year. Further information about the urology match process can be found on the American Urological Association Residency Match website.
All documents must be submitted in ERAS by their defined due dates. It is advantageous to have your application completed as early as possible. A limited number of interviews will be offered. We participate in the Urology Match Program and our AUA Residency Matching Program Identification Number is 00923366.
Thank you for your interest in our urology program. For further information, please contact our Residency and Fellowship Coordinator, Ms. Tonya McKnight at email@example.com