WCM faculty, residents and fellows traveled to Salt Lake City, Utah, on October 15-19 to present their innovative research to thousands of their peers at the annual conference of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). In recognition of the excellence of their work, they were awarded much sought-after opportunities for oral and poster presentations and brought home several prizes.
Among the highlights from the Urology department:
- Dr. Schlegel was elected as Vice-President of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine at this meeting (and that Dr. Owen K. Davis served as President at the meeting)
- Dr. Marc Goldstein was awarded the 2016 Distinguished Surgeon Award from the Society of Reproductive Surgeons in recognition of his academic, clinical and research achievements in reproductive medicine as well as his contributions to the field.
- Dr. Darius Paduch and his team were awarded the Society for Male Reproduction and Urology Prize Paper for the most important submission in male reproduction. The paper outlined a new method to identify and select sperm in specimens from testes after traditional approaches had failed.
- Drs. Peter Schlegel and Marc Goldstein received the 2016 ASRM Star Award, recognizing members who have presented during at least nine of the ASRM Annual Meetings from 2006-2015.
- Drs. Philip S. Li and Marc Goldstein received honorable mention for their urology video, "Importance of Male Infertility Microsurgery Training."
Additional honors from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology:
- Dr. Farr Nehzat received honorable mention for the surgery video, "Robotic Partial Cystectomy For Deeply Infiltrating Endometriosis of the Bladder Wall." • Dr. Daylon James was awarded an ASRM 2016 Research Grant for the project, "Cell-assisted Preservation and Mobilization of Follicles in Transplanted Ovarian Tissues."
- Drs. Steven Spandorfer, Elizabeth Grill and colleagues were awarded the Mental Health Professional Group Prize Paper for "Does Stress Affect In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Outcome?"